Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Business Emergence

While I have always understood fiscal responsibility and the need to "live within my means", life has been more reactive than proactive. One would ask, what do I mean by that? Think about how we are raised. The first thing that many of our parents focused on providing for us, outside of a stable home environment, was our education. We are taught to go to school, go to college, and eventually to settle into a career. Many of us do so without question, go to college and even graduate school, and are generally very good at what we do for a living.

The scariest part about living in a reactive manner is that, we are not in control of what happens to us, and when a crisis comes along, sometimes it can wipe us out, or at least knock us down for a little bit. For example... the current economy has caused many to be without jobs for protracted periods of time. I was one of these. Working in a high tech industry, for a long time, one would think that it would not be difficult to find work elsewhere. The problem happens to be a little more complex than that. There are many people at the same time seeking jobs, many of which have similar credentials. Needless to say when you find yourself looking for a protracted amount of time, it really does serve as a wake up call. That simply means that what we have been taught about establishing a good career is not enough in the current day and age.

I really do wish we were all taught to diversify, seek out business ideas, as well as business fundamentals during our years in school. I wonder what the country would look like if we were all taught to be proactive in our lives. Living proactively just means focusing on the multiplication of what you currently have. For me it meant starting a business, because working alone, even with investment was simply not enough, and I know that the continuation of what I have been doing leaves me much too vulnerable to economic downturns, and company politics. I thought to continue relying on employment alone was madness.

Does this mean I do not work? No. It does mean however that I am working, as well as spending time building a business. I am sure that you are asking, what kind of business? I spent quite a bit of time looking for business ideas, and finally chose a business model based on affiliate programs, all of which can be conducted online. I will go into the details of affiliate programs in the next post, but I will at least say why I chose to do affiliate programs. Basically being an affiliate means that you never have to deal with customers; never have to sell or ship products; and never have to call people or coerce others into joining anything.

It is double edged. What does that mean? The good news is that you are in control of your own future. The bad news is you are in control of your own future. That always has seemed a funny statement to me. The fact that it is something that is mine, and my own efforts dictate how well I do, is refreshing.

The two sites I have so far are:

http://www.americanccplace.com


and

http://treasures.dealsmall.com

Share this post :

No comments:

Post a Comment